This is such a simple yet, tasty and healthy meal. When you have had a busy day and don't have a lot of time to prep, yet want something that's light, healthy, easy to cook and delicious, this is a great meal to make.
Prep time: .
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 slices of ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 3 slices of Lemon
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Cauliflower florets
- Green beans, halved
- Soy sauce
- Before prepping and marinating the salmon, have your steamer ready to use later.
- Prepare the salmon for steaming by adding the garlic, ginger, spring onions and lemon slices on top of the salmon. Drizzle a little olive oil and soy sauce over the salmon. Put aside to steam later.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok and add the onions. Fry the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and green beans to the onions and fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 4tbsp of water and put a lid over your pan. Turn heat down low so the vegetables can cook by steaming in the pan. Although it shouldn't, keep an eye on the pan so that it hasn't dry out. You can always add a couple of tbsp of water if the water has evaporated. This method of cooking vegetables adds a little more flavour to just steaming or boiling the vegetables, and at the same time retaining all the nutrients.
- Place salmon in steamer and steam for 8 minutes. As you may know, it's all about the timing when it comes to cooking fish so make sure you put a timer on as any longer, the fish will dry out.
- Once the salmon is done, the vegetables should also be ready. Cook vegetables for as long as you require particularly if you are cooking for younger babies as you may want the vegetables to be softer.
- Serve the salmon and veg with some rice.