These fruity muffins are super healthy and a tasty snack for little ones. A good tip is to let the bananas really ripen and the sweetness from the bananas is enough that no extra sugar is needed for this recipe. If your children are like ours, it is likely that one of them does not like blueberries or the other does not like bananas, so you can adapt this recipe with different fruits that they will enjoy such as raspberries, strawberries or grated apples.
Prep time: .
- 1.5 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 egg
- 75g melted butter
- 50ml of milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon powder
- Heat oven to 180c and grease an 8 hole muffin tin or use 8 muffin cases and place into muffin tin.
- Mix the egg, cooled melted butter and milk together.
- Add the wholemeal flour to the mixture.
- Mash the bananas together and mix with the flour mix, then add the blueberries. Add the ground cinnamon and stir together to make a thick lumpy consistency.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin or cases and sprinkle a little cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold./li>