Easy peasy banana bread
I'm one of those cooks who is not very good at following recipes (or any kind of instructions for that matter) and much prefer to improvise with what I have in my fridge and cupboards. This is probably also why I cannot bake to save my life! However, banana bread (cake, muffins) is the only thing I can bake as it's sooo easy. When I bake for the kids, I usually make this minus the sugar (especially as bananas have its own naturally sweet flavour) and not as much butter but when I bake for friends or fancy eating some of my own homemade bakes, this is a recipe I use.
Prep time: .
- 170g self-raising flour
- 170g melted butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Few drops of vanilla extract/essence.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Line a baking tin with baking parchment and pour the cake mix into the tin.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully take the cake out of the tin and cool on a baking tray.