I'm one of those cooks who is not very good at following recipes (or any kind of instructions for that matter) and much prefer to improvise with what I have in my fridge and cupboards. This is probably also why I cannot bake to save my life! However, banana bread (cake, muffins) is the only thing I can bake as it's sooo easy. When I bake for the kids, I usually make this minus the sugar (especially as bananas have its own naturally sweet flavour) and not as much butter but when I bake for friends or fancy eating some of my own homemade bakes, this is a recipe I use.
Prep time: .
- 170g self-raising flour
- 170g melted butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Few drops of vanilla extract/essence.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Line a baking tin with baking parchment and pour the cake mix into the tin.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully take the cake out of the tin and cool on a baking tray.