These healthy, yet deliciously filling muffins are a great mid afternoon snack for young and older children. Super easy to make and for kids who are not so keen on eating veggies, it's a great way to sneak some into their diet too.
- 1.5 cups of wholemeal self raising flour
- 1.5 cup of grated carrots and courgettes
- 1.5 cups of mild grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.75ml of milk
- Heat oven to 180c and grease 8-12 hole muffin tin (depending on the size of each of your muffins) or use 8-12 muffin cases and place into muffin tray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, carrots, courgettes and cheese, leaving some cheese aside for later to add on the top of each muffin).
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk together then pour into the dry ingredients mix and stir together to make a thick lumpy consistency.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin or cases and sprinkle a little cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
This is perfect as an afternoon snack or if you are looking for something more substantial as a lunch, you can serve these muffins with some cucumber and carrot sticks along with some fruit in an Onco 2 in 1 silicone placemat and plate.